Apprenticeships are more popular than ever, offering an excellent entry to a successful career, and are highly respected across business and industry.
A modern apprenticeship scheme is dynamic. A modern apprenticeship scheme receives Government funding. A modern apprenticeship scheme constitutes a fantastic return on investment for employees and employers.
Our scheme is designed for a new and existing workforce. Our scheme is for those wishing to learn. Our scheme is for those looking to step up a gear. Our scheme is your journey.
Choose an ICON Apprenticeship scheme that supports you and your team throughout the training process, with direction from a training provider and mentoring from your employer representative.
So, what are the benefits of an ICON Apprenticeship scheme?
- Earn while you learn, and pay no fees for the privilege. The average university debt is estimated at £44,035*
- The current Government has committed to making 3 million new apprentices between 2015 and 2020
- 85% of apprentices believe they have improved at what they love doing**
- No need to choose between a degree and an apprenticeship. With degree equivalent, Level 6 Apprenticeships now available, and more being developed daily, your apprenticeship scheme can progress with you and your career
- Learn with your hands on the wheel, with access to industry professional mentors and assessors
- Get more out of life: boost confidence, communication, and clarity. Skills from the work place are skills for life
- Become a valuable team member: a ready qualified, independent, commercial thinker
- Make yourself make a difference
If you are a potential learner looking to start an apprenticeship, you can find and apply for vacancies here.
- Pay no National Insurance contributions for an apprentice under 25. This is an annual saving of £950+***
- Receive financial incentives from government of anything from £500 – £10,800 per apprentice
- Complimentary recruitment service supplied by ICON
- Attract young talent to your business, before your competitors, who can grow with your company and uphold your brand standards
- Recruit from your local community and benefit from the local PR
- Develop your existing workforce by progressing them to a higher level role. Apprenticeships are not just for young people, but existing staff too
- 70% of employers reported that apprenticeships improved the quality of their product or service****
- From April 2017 employers with a payroll over £3,000,000 will pay a levy of 0.5% of their payroll on a “use it or lose it” basis. See our levy calculator for more details
- Retain staff for at least 366 days whilst they complete their apprenticeship
Creating an environment for success is more than just about training, it’s creating a place where people grow in confidence, a place where people flourish, a place where every day is a good day to come to work.
“Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to,” Richard Branson. *****
If you are an employer looking to start an apprenticeship scheme, click here to register your interest.
**Apprenticeship Evaluation: survey of learners (2014)
***Based on an apprentice earning National Living Wage or approx. £0.46p per hour per apprentice, working 40 hours per week
****Apprenticeship Evaluation: survey of employers (2014)