Dental professionals are required to complete annual BLS, AED and Dental Emergencies training and additional skills, including Anaphylaxis, Diabetes, Asthma and seizures, as recommended by the British Dental Association. Our course is designed to meet these requirements.
This course covers Basic Life Support skills and includes skills for adults, children and infants for dentists and people working in dental practices. The course includes safety, precautions, initial assessment, recovery position, CPR, compression-only CPR, CPR handover, choking. Basic oxygen use included in the online course and optional in-classroom course where available. This course complies with the latest ERC and UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines and includes medical emergencies. Included in this course are the skills of Epilepsy, Asthma and Anaphylactic reactions.
Who can use this course?
- Dental Nurses
- Employees in Dental practices
- Dental students
- Dental Hygienist
- Practice managers
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Be able to demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic AED use
- Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator
- Understand different medical emergencies and their treatment
1-year nationally recognised certificate
Video access for 8 months
Printable wall certificate
CPD time credit conformation
Follows latest UK Resuscitation and ERC guidelines
Free weekly video refresher
Evidence Based Training certificate