This course covers Basic Life Support skills and includes skills for Adult, Child and Infant as well as healthcare variations on infant CPR. The course includes Safety, precautions, initial assessment, recovery position, CPR, compression-only CPR, CPR handover and choking. This is ideal for nurses, care workers or medical professionals needing annual updates to complete professional membership.
AED training is also included in the course. Learning AED skills is becoming more important with the increase in the numbers of units in the community and workplace. They are easy to use with a little training and make a real difference in the chance of survival to someone in cardiac arrest. If you have already completed any other first aid course you will understand the importance of the prompt use of an AED making this an ideal next course to take to develop your skills.
Who can use this course?
- Care workers
- First Aiders
- Medical workers
- People needing basic CPR skills
- 1 Understand basic life support requirements
- 2 Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national
- 3 Be able to demonstrate post-resuscitation
- 4 Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external
- 5 Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator
1-year nationally recognised certificate
Video access for 8 months
Printable wall certificate
CPD time credit conformation
Follows latest UK Resuscitation and ERC guidelines
Free weekly video refresher
Evidence Based Training certificate