An Operations/Departmental Manager is someone who manages teams and/ or projects, and achieves operational or departmental goals and objectives, as part of the delivery of the organisation’s strategy. They are accountable to a more senior manager or business owner. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities and job titles will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same.
Over the 18 month programme, managers will cover a variety of topics to help support the strategic direction of the business. Knowledge and occupational skills development will support with valued added business planning to not only support the manager but also support the progression of the business.
Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
Delivery sessions include:
- Principles of Operational Leadership and Management in an Organisational Context
- Principles of Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Managing Change
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Managing Finance
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
We are committed to supporting professionals throughout their careers.
On successful completion, you will be rewarded with an associate membership to the Chartered Institute of Management which includes Career Development, Online Knowledge Centre, CPD, Events and Mentoring.